Thursday 3 April 2014

My First Date

in the past I have heard that I tell stories of my brother, the mountains, and sports to much and it seems like those are all that is in my life! well surprisingly I do have sisters and I love them very much, they have played a very large roll in who I am today! (I sometimes don't give them enough credit) this is one of the lessons my sister Mandy taught me when I was very young!

as a young kid I hadn't learned to be grateful for what I did have yet and often times had a lot of self pity (looking back I had a great childhood and I wouldn't trade it in for anything else) I felt like my brothers were the meanest people on the planet and that they were just out to make my life miserable (again in hindsight they put up with a lot and were AMAZING older brothers!) I felt bullied at school (I laugh at my 8 year old self now, things were really not all that bad... for some reason I built it up in my mind the world was out to get me!) in short I felt like nobody loved me and that I was all alone! (the hard life of those in elementary school)

I remember that I was spending time with Mandy in the house, what we were doing I have no idea but I remember I was having fun! For some reason or another my sister called two of my older brothers (Garth and Colin) outside to go on a drive with her! We all rushed toward our old blue car, Hefty! (it may have been the 5th ninja turtle, Lanny, (a green hatchback) the other car of my childhood, but which it was is of little consequence (I really just wanted to share with you the awesome car names I grew up with)) when we got to the car my brothers called out for shotgun. I was ready to take the back seat! Mandy stopped them and said that she was going on a date with me! I was excited mostly because I GOT TO SIT IN THE FRONT SEAT! I don't remember much about the drive, I do remember two things we listened to a mixed CD of sappy songs my sister had made up, and we went to Dairy Queen and got chocolate dipped ice cream cones! I felt so special and really loved spending time with my sister that day! from that day forth I knew she always had my back, even to this day! I knew that no matter what my sister was there for me even if I thought no one else was! I still can trust my sister and come to her if I need help with this question or that problem.

As I have grown up I have learned that I have so many people that have my back! My Sisters, my Mother, my Father, my Brothers, my nieces, my nephews, my friends, and on and on and on the list goes! my bishop, my young men leader, my mission companion, my mission president, and more and more! however above all the rest I know there is one greater than all of these that has my back! I know that Jesus Christ has got my back! He knows our individual needs and our individual situations. how does he know? because "he [has gone] forth, suffering pains and afflictions and of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he [has taken] upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." (Alma 7:11-12) Jesus Christ has experienced our hardships and knows how we feel! so what? well, that means there is someone to turn toward, someone who can "take you out on a date" and make lift you up! there is someone who will always be there when you need advice on this problem or that question! Christ will sit us in the front seat, give us his attention and listen to us, ALWAYS! me that makes all the difference, knowing that there is someone who knows me perfectly and can help me in the way that fits me best!

WMI? WE ARE NEVER EVER ALONE!

1 comment:

  1. Your aunty also has your back. Thanks for this awesome bit of real life.

    ReplyDelete